Thursday, October 12, 2006

Zilch!

October 12th 2006, CMU

After working with endless DB queries for the past 2 days, I slept for a nice long 7 hours. The morning sun woke me up with a relatively lesser tension for the day (Because i did not have any assignments due today!).Did the normal chores and then hit upon my all so faithful and loyal laptop. The first message from a friend on Yahoo-"your first "REALLY" cold day at Pittsburgh, it is gonna be 0 or 1, so bundle up well :) ".

I have mixed feelings about this. While cold weather is something I am not comfortable with, the prospect of experiencing it for the first time has me excited. I am well prepared-"bundled up" if u could say so! I was out in the department and met few friends while walkin back and all the talk was about the "1" that was due today which would leave us all freezing. KAKU,my friend, was freezing. He did not say hi to me or ask me what i was upto. He was busy shivering and saying-"ITS SOOO COLD".

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

u wore sweaters, winter jacket, topi gloves etc when it wasnt at all cold!!! now wat ru gonna dooooooooo?!

CandidConfessions said...

Il freeze!!

Anonymous said...

wear 2 winter jackets ?! he he

Vish said...

stay-at-home!

CandidConfessions said...

so unlikely!! :(

zoxcleb said...

its so nice when its cold... i wonder why everyone is cribbing!

:-)

Still Searching said...

Oh I looooove it when its that cold!! My first snow was in Paris last yr, and I discovered that when its snowing its not cold, but just before and after the snowfall it gets reallllly freezing! I enjoyed myself a lot, the run to the metro in teh cold, getting into office/apartment and being able to shed all your warm clothes (4 or 5 layers of them!) coz its all centrally heated.. waiting for the temp to hit 1 dg celsius and then rejoicing saying "hey. its not that cold" - all this while wearing 2 sweaters, 1 jacket, inners, gloves, scarf, cap!! man.. am going to miss it this yr..

CandidConfessions said...

@ Ruchi-thnx for visitin my blog! :)
Oh and im tired of wearing all the winter gear already!! :(