Monday, February 12, 2007

Madness?!!

I happened to re-visit a friend' s blog. I had read this blog of his much earlier, and I had my own standpoint then. But this time, when i read it all over again I felt there was something to it, which was not what i thought earlier. Sure enough, people get "practical" here! Mama mia! So have I!!
Rather I am forced to. Now before you wonder what i am talking about, let me introduce you to the much talked about blog amongst my friend's circle -

Madness?!

Hope you enjoy reading this :)

8 comments:

Jhoomur aka JB said...

Hmm...so what are YOUR theories on that Thing Called Love??

CandidConfessions said...

Im no PRO at this! :) No theories as such...

Ankit said...

Hey wats ur take on LOVE????

Optimistically Pessimistic said...

being practical and being cynical are two different things....it was a beautifully written piece but cynically thought out with some amount of pain puring out of every word....

CandidConfessions said...

Sure they are definitely two different things! I in fact feel being practical makes us less cynical! Helps deal life better!

reddeviltilldeath said...

Here is my take on cynicism vs pragmatism:

Most people are generally optimisits. In that spectrum realism(which according to me is just pragmatism) lies below their perspective of the world. Thus they misconceive pragmatism as pessimism/cynicism which lies further below. People overlook that fine line of realism that divides the pessimists and optimists...

@married types: Just to clarify.. there is absolutely no pain nonsense pouring out of any word. Just my frank perspective on that subject.

reddeviltilldeath said...

"cynicism and general world weariness are a sort of carbon dating of the personality" --Terry Pratchett

CandidConfessions said...

If you would wanna dodge the cynicism, to me pragmatism is the way. There is not much of a difference between realism and pragmatism. It takes a lot to accept life as it is without cribbing. Therein lies the difference between cynicism and pragmatism. Either get mad or carry on!