Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Matchbox 902!!

First home away from home. Thats my matchbox 902! Much as the name suggests, it is a cosy little humble abode of mine for the next 16 months or possibly more.

I must admit, although that the same little home of mine comes with a cost that raises eyebrows! Back inIndia when i was shortlisting apartments this was not part of my chosen list. But it so happened that when i got here and found out how convenient it was, there seemed to be no looking back on it. It is a 2 minute walk from my department, the second home away from home! Whats more! My department is seen from the windows of my room. That is just as close as it could get.

To me the best part of my cosy little abode is the view overlooking the living room. Cathedral of learning it is. When I got to Pitts i thought this monumental building was a historical one. No!! It was not! But yes, It did have some history associated to itself. This building belongs to University of Pittsburgh. To have a university center towering over the city is certainlny not ordinary! I wake up to this wonderful view from my living room, needless to say that i avoid looking at my department from my room for obvious reasons!

No comments: