Saturday, August 19, 2006

Mount Washington!

We had to get there to earn some good points as part of the fun activities held by my department. But the closer we got there, the more we forgot the game for which we had to earn the points. The place got the better of us.

The way to get to the place was amusing as ever! We got down at station square from our bus. I was in for my first underground train experience at US of A! I was reminded of scenes from DCH-a popular movie and its scenes where the protagonists take the trains in Australia. Pittsburgh had its surprises for me. Here was one, as the train started its trail along the tracks twisting and winding off, I was amazed as i looked on as a child would when the train overlooked the river speeding off on the bridge. Do not remember the place where we got down. Now it was time for the winch experience. This was how we were going to get up to the mountain. As we alighted up the mountain, the Mellon building towered over the city. It was a wonderful sight to behold. The city which i undermined! The bridges, the river, the tunnels and the skry scrapers! It was all of that!

I was treated for a double treat when i set off agin with my friends to the place later in the evening. It was twilight and i loved it. Oh yes, I should not forget to mention about the confluence. Yes, Pittsburgh has that too. There is a huge fountain that splashes water all around and we had our fun!

It was certainly my day! It was tiring alright, eventful nonetheless!

2 comments:

Ram said...

Though I visited the place yday didnt feel so excited as ur description. Probably an exaggeration or u were thrilled.

Anyways, i guess u missed the yummy icecreams in the top (supposedly pittsburgh's best ice cream parlour).

CandidConfessions said...

oh v din miss it!! v had 'em too!!