Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Soliloquy!

It never occured to me until my roommate here left to her vacation, that I had never lived alone! Incidentally, it so happened to be one of those times when i was feeling very low. The fact that I could not reach out to my parents whenever i felt like took the toll over my emotions. Of course, I was mentally prepared that a roomie( a long time friend at that) would be no substitute. The least I expected here was a person to talk to atleast. I was not prepared to be all alone, and here I was facing a situation where I did not have a choice. Oh yes! Now I know why they say "Life teaches it's lessons the hard way!"

I was quick to snap back at friends when they called me a spoilt brat. I did not want to be called so! And i loved being spoilt, and now i miss all of that, although all the while i denied it! Time brought me to a juncture at which I had to cook myself, fend for myself, pay my bills, cook and take care of myself! Its so hard to beleive that I was not even bothered about taking care of myself back at home. Mom was always there!

Few hours into my soliloquy, i started getting used to it. Not that I had a better choice to choose from to say! I am glad my friend was not here, for I realized that loneliness is really a state of mind. I am sure i did not feel lonely when I immersed myself in my favourite book or when I put in all my efforts to complete my assignments!

4 comments:

zoxcleb said...

All the lonely people, where do they all belong?
All the lonely people, where do they all come from?


u know us neighbors arent that bad... u could have given us a holler.. :-)

CandidConfessions said...

:)

No stranger, no more!!

Anonymous said...

well.. y is the topic known as soliloquy.. were u talking to urself??
god.. u need to c a doc:)

Anonymous said...

good for ur room mate ... atleast she felt good for a few days :P he he he he