Thursday, May 22, 2008

Crossroads

I have the choice between living life in my comfort zone and growing(read:just stay put!) or I could just hit the roads and see the world(I mean - literally). What would you do when confronted with a situation as such? No amount of profound sayings and preachings help. Ye, I see you nod.

Haven't you had the feeling that everything, in the end, comes to be monotonous and commonplace? I do. I don't want to know if it is the right thing or not. Partly because I have seen my friends and others live life without complaining of doing the same thing over and over again and yet being as happy or happier than I am. Oh well.

If I put myself in the shoes of a third person to observe me, I would have to say ( from his/her view) - "Hmm, she doesn't lead a bad life. Much better than many indeed". But you see, there is only so much you can do in your day to day life when you have timetable to follow. My job grounds me in as much as I like it. 3 weeks of holidays a year! Its amazing how millions of people have come to accept that. Is there anything else to life at all!?

Me and my meanderings. God, give me the will to cut chase tha rat race. And see the world in all its beauty. Let me get a life! Amen.

*******************************************************************************

Talking of God, here's food for thought -

House: "You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways."

From the popular medical drama House MD. Also, my current fixation!!

5 comments:

nutty said...

my 2 bits of advice (since u ask :D)
nothing wrong with quitting the rat race and hitting the road ... but reaming a little grounded .. unfortunately you will still have bills to pay .. you will still need to think ahead and make sure you have enough put aside for a rainy day as well as for that time in life when you wont be able to make money lke you can now ...

besides that ... if bigger house bigger car and more of this that and the other doesn't seem worth the monotony ... I'd say hell yeah! Quit now!

Personally I have opted for a lesser paying job at a largely unknown company simply because I love the work I do and I love the people I work with .. and that makes my not-so-uber-cool lifestyle seem worth it! So I ain;t just preaching :)

Lucifer said...

sry not been bloggin for sm time...so how u doin??

nice post btw...always has an element of smthn i can relate to

Anonymous said...

Yeah, doing what you like - even if it pays you less - is certainly the better option. Sigh! Wish I was cool enough to do that myself...

Lucifer said...

2 mnths...whrz u?? updates!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘Candid Confessions’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,