Sunday, August 13, 2006

Blog

Back at home, I did not really think i would have to blog. It occurred to me after getting to the US of A, mighty far away from home that blogging could well be a nice way to vent out my feelings.

Yes, Its my first stay away from home(read parents). And yeah, If u ask me I coud fill you in on how much I am missing home. I would rather, talk about my journey to the west. I had a warm send off. Amidst tears and hugs, I was at a juncture wondering if at all the decision was worth it. I still wonder!

The course of the journey was via Mumbai, Germany,Charlotte and finally to Pittsburgh. Mumbai was not really a good experience. Shifting the luggages from the domestic to the International airport was a pain! Off to Germany! I was to be held there for a 4 hour break. I thought i yearned for something. Coffee it was. But the coffee was bitter as ever! It was the chocolate pastry that pepped up my spirits! But i was in for one of my worst flight journeys. The journey after this was awfully bad! The journey to Charlotte never seemed to end! I had no enthusiasm left in me to peep out into the world below me.

Down to Charlotte and there I was held at the customs! It was a horrifying experience. I think i rather spare myself the trouble of remembering that, although i got through it. I managed to catch the connecting flight, thanks to the flight delay!! Finally when i got to Pitts, IGSA was at its best lending its helping hand.

Pittsburgh was hot as ever. And boy! was i hungry!

Heat and hunger
I had more to discover
A mere stranger
On the soils of of a country,alien as ever!

2 comments:

Vish said...

yes sir, alien as ever

candid diary said...

Which subjects are you pursuing for your graduation?